Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alameda Point Flea Market

On the 1st sunday of october steve and I scraped ourselves out of bed to head over to the alameda point flea market, in alameda, CA. If you know me, then you know there are not many things that can get me out of bed at 6AM, much less make me smile like a giddy schoolgirl at 6AM, but this experience did. It exceeded my already high expectations.






this guy found a lot of good records to add to his collection. and he's awfully handsome.




I was overwhelmed by the beauty of 800 booths of vintage items. I am not being facetious or flippant when i say that in some ways it was more beautiful to me than my favorite art museum. i drank in the kaliedoscope of colors and textures all around me. and took more pictures than i have in a long time (haha, now you have to endure them.)








Besides clothing, my favorite vintage things are probably children's items--toys, furniture, over-loved stuffed animals. I found the perfect easy chair for my little one, but didn't see it being a very easy carry-on for the plane ride home :(.

whew! i hope you aren't totally bored by my excessive pictures.
i hope you feel like you were there.
and i can't wait to add my spoils to the shop :)
i will give you a sneak peak of some of those tomorrow!
thanks so very much for reading,
and for not abandoning me on my blogging hiatus.

m

8 comments:

  1. beautiful! can't wait for tomorrow's post. thanks for sharing and for taking such amazing pictures. you really captured the flea market so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! It looks like such a great market. If it were up to me (and if it weren't so bad for our health), I'd love to live in a home full of rusted metal, chipping paint, and rotting wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy world of vintage! I wish I could go there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so lucky to have markets like this where you are! Ireland is really bad for this sort of thing, we have small car boots sales but the sellers are just trying to rip everyone off at them so it's enever worth buying the odd cool thing you find :( I was in heaven in Berlin at the markets and thrift shops, I need to move there one day me thinks!
    Take care,
    Khrystyna

    ReplyDelete
  5. so agree, a flea is like a great gallery, and this one looks like it certainly doesn't disappoint!
    amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had the best time :) I want to go there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your haircut! these photos are lovely. i wish i can go to a flea market like this. there aren't too many great flea markets in nyc.

    ReplyDelete