chef bandit steve
one day this guy ^ comes home from San Francisco and says, "Hey! i had these amazing brussel sprouts at a sushi place and i want to try to make them for you. "
and i'm all like, " Hey! are you sure you don't want to make your caramel corn instead? "
and then he made me like brussel sprouts more than caramel corn. with this recipe...
they're really wonderful and now I beg for him to make them every night.
so i had to share it. i hope you love it.
1. wash the sprouts, dry on a paper towel so they don't have secret pockets of water that pop and burn your face off.
2. slice off the bottom nubbins , then if they are smaller brussels sprouts just halve them, if a bit larger, i quarter them.
2. Fry in half an inch of oil in a cast iron skillet until a little brown and crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, but not too tender. i think steve uses canola oil.
3. make a mixture of 2/5 lime juice and 3/5 soy sauce. (so juice a lime, then add that much and a little more of soy sauce)
4. put the yummy sauce on the brussel sprouts. (we just put the sauce on our own helpings so that you can ration it to your taste, instead of dumping the sauce all over them in the bowl.
thanks for reading,