Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sweater + Dress = True Love

I have loved sweater dresses for as long as I knew that they existed. For a girl who wants to wear a dress almost every day, they make winter seem almost bearable. the cozy and warmth of a sweater plus the femininity of a dress, who can beat that? And though I love the 30's and 40's ones the very most, I think they have evolved pretty well over time (okay fine, you caught me, I couldn't find any I liked from the 90's!:).
so, enjoy. And don't forget to check out the selection at Adelaide's here and receive 5 dollars off any of my sweater dresses when you mention this blog entry :)

1920's Style Crochet Dress from putonthatdress
1940's Green Sweater Dress via deargolden's blog
1940's cashmere sweater dress from Posh Girl Vintage
Seafoam Sparkle Dress Marie's Vintage
Ruby Red Sweater Dress Fabgabs Vintage
Cobalt Blue Knit Dress Land of a thousand Dresses
1960's Crochet Dress- adVintagous
1970's Missoni Mohair Dress-Catbooks 1940
1970's Boho Blue Sweater Dress--Miss Mittens Vintage
1980's Asymmetrical Ruffle Dress-Easy Listening

Thanks for reading,
m

5 comments:

  1. oh maria, this is a fantastic post, and NOT just because i share you love of sweater dresses! the 1920s style crochet one had my attention immediately and then i noticed YOU own it! if you ever want to sell that beauty...well, consider it sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the Boho Blue Sweater Dress.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet, I love it! Thanks for making this lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for including me your collection! I'm a devotee of the sweater dress, although it required a good deal of hardware underneath for me. I can't wait to show you the carousel piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice i like these all dresses, Thanks for sharing. There has been a lot of hype regarding bandage dresses and whether they are still fashionable or not. In a lot of people's opinion, they are now out of style, but since many celebrities and models still wear bandage dresses, they are still very much in style. Get Best Styles for Bandage Dress (Free Shipping service available in Australia & Newzealand Only)

    ReplyDelete