Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Color Love Story

As much as i would love to do a post about my favorite designer fashion, I am not a very good student of current fashion and i can only be myself. What i do get all giddy about is COLOR. Maybe its silly but i don't get dressed by thinking about a runway line that i saw (although that's a perfectly wonderful way to get dressed) . No, I get excited by the colors that i see in real life and i want to wear them. this particular outfit was inspired by a beautiful mustard and grey owl that i saw in National Geographic
Dress- purchased from etsy by jforney000
sweater- forever 21
boots- thrifted.

and, since i am totally excited about all the great stuff on etsy... a few faves.

Feathery Plumes by Golly Bard Mustard Rosette Headband by Alorahandmade Sunshower Blouse by Small Earth Vintage Three Partridge Birds by DenardiAudrey in the Spring by Sewn Natural Wooly Bobble Branch Necklace by Ollies Woolies

the Librarian Cardigan by Mousetrap Vintage Pincushion Silkscreen Print by Kate P

Dear Mustard and Grey, I love you two together. i hope you have a long and happy marriage.
Thanks for reading,
m

14 comments:

  1. My favorite color combination! Well, I love gray with everything, but particularly with yellow, and particularly with mustard/gold yellow. I *love* your outfit and these picks! (and thanks for including me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit!!! Two of my fav colors too! You look fantastic and whata dress! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I ADORE THAT BEAUTIFUL DRESS! And I agree, mustard and gray are such a wonderful color combination! I've been dying to try it but haven't had sufficient weather to do so yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great dress and absolutely perfect color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grey is my favorite color. For everything except food.
    It's the perfect combination of dark and light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit you are wearing!!! These are some of my favorite colors as well. ♥ the post

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love mustard and yellow together so that dress is just so perfect, i love it to bits. looks great with your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and inspiring!!Experimenting with colour combos is way fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think color is your love language or something. I love this post. Color is so inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is gorgeous! I love the feather picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the new cropped 'do! xo

    ReplyDelete