Saturday, April 23, 2011

Outfit Post: The Civil Wars


Last nite we got to go see The Civil Wars. It was incredibly delightful. They have awesome stage chemistry and Joy is the cutest thing i've ever seen. She fluidly dances to each song and evokes its meaning with her movements. John Paul looks exactly like johnny depp, which doesn't hurt anything. Their harmonies make me feel like i'm soaring above the ground. i laughed, i cried, i sweated gallons because there were 400 people packed into a tiny bar. Before the show, i got to stop in to some of my favorite vintage places in Lawrence and bought 40 new dresses for the shop! :)

i wore this. and steve documented it with his phone :) 

1950's fur collar cardigan: thrifted
silk blouse: thrifted
skirt: my mum's in the 1970's
purse: thrifted
tights: target
belt: thrifted
boots: deargolden

the pattern of this skirt is one of my favorites of all time. and the colors too.

thanks for reading, 
m

14 comments:

  1. love this outfit - the colors work so well and you look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i think you sweated because if your fur collared cardigan. just sayin'. glad you had fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too-hoo cute. (i was singing that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOO jealous!! I am dying to see them! and this outfit is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look adorable! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaayyyy for Lawrence! I bet I know exactly where you went shopping :) I'm so glad you had fun - you look totally stylin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pattern of your mom's skirt too! That fur collared sweater is sweet! Glad you enjoyed the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I adore them...they live here in Nashville and we share a lot of the same friends so I get to see them often. They are just amazing. And...40 dresses!!? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be seeing The Civil Wars at the Newport Folk Festival! I'm really excited. I'm not too familiar with them, but they seem brilliant.

    ReplyDelete